L's Hair Cut

16February2013 ~ post salon haircut

We're supposed to get hit with another snow storm this weekend which reminds me to post what happened the last time we had storm...the storm which dumped more than 30 inches of snow in Framingham.  The storm that closed daycare for two days so the kids were home for fours days with us.   What do they say about idle time?!?  Yes, we all know.

Idle time for L means hours of trying to keep her entertained.  We baked, made Valentines cards, played in the snow, had a tea party, play some more and then L cut her hair.  She cut her hair!  Then she cried about it.   Dave asked her how she did it.  She told her she put her head down and just cut all around.
09February2013 ~ Post L cutting her own hair.  She wanted her long hair back.

 What we found when we went upstairs to her room...along with hair all over the floor.


L added layers all around her head and gave herself bangs.

 She wore a lot of barrettes for 7 days until we went to get her haircut.

 16February2013 ~ post salon cut.  

She comfortable at the salon now.  I booked an appointment for each of us.  After, in the car, I asked her if she liked her hair.  I could see she was on the verge of tears, but held them back.  She said, "No, I thought they were going to give me my long hair back."  I said what I had been saying to her since she cut her hair, "you have to own it now."  Which she does.


 Let's hope we don't have to go through this with Baby A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of School and Entering P-K

Soccer Life

4/365