The Bottle


I was so happy to hear A took a bottle her first day at daycare.  Not all of it, but it's a start.  Well, yesterday she outright refused.  We've been trying for the last three weeks and A is holding out.  The doctor says, "she's a smart girl."

We've received a lot of advice and I've done my own web search on the topic.  Dave gives A the bottle.   L gives her the bottle.  I give A the bottle.  I hold her and put her in a bouncer.  We've tried sitting and standing.  We've tried freshly pumped milk, cold and room temperature milk.  We've tried the BornFree, adiri, Medula bottles.  I bought two more to try...Dr Brown's and tommee tipped.  We've gotten the advise to try the Playtex latex nipples vs the silicone nipples.  I haven't bought it yet because they didn't sell them at the store we were at.  It's endless and she outright refuses all of them.

At A's two month appointment I was reassured she would not starve herself.  Her doctor was not concerned at all.  If A was in the less than 10% for growth then he would be, but she's in the 70-80% as of yesterday.  A is thriving...12.4 lbs and 23 1/4 inches.

We have two weeks to get her to take the bottle and so we'll just keep trying.



Did I mention she's strong.  The girl can move and lift herself.  She demonstrated it for the doctor yesterday so he reminded us not to leave her unattended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of School and Entering P-K

Soccer Life

4/365