Boots and Chocolate

L's personality comes through in this photo

Dave was away last week...another trip to Costa Rica. Ba Noi came down and stayed with L and I for the week. It was stressful with Dave gone so I don't know how bad it would have been if we didn't have Ba Noi's help. I couldn't imagine doing drop off, pick up, trying to get dinner and bath time done with a BUSY work week.

Last week was also Hoang's birthday. She seems to consume my mind and heart around her birthday. I can see L in her. L touches her ears a lot. She likes to rub the edges of her ear. Anyone who knew Hoang well knew she had an ear fetish. As a child she used to rub my parents' ears to comfort herself. Also, I have this picture in my mind of Hoang as a child getting excited about something and looking at me with this big grin. When L does it I see Hoang.

L is growing every day. She's talking, singing and dancing more and more these days. Not only does she have a strong personality, but she has her own opinions as well. She knows what she wants...these days it's wearing boots and eating chocolate. I never thought I would be trying to reason with a child. For us to get out the door on time in the morning, I have to give L an account of what we need to do. It speeds things up when she's in agreement with me.

This past weekend, I tried to find L black shoes for the holidays...it wasn't easy finding simple black shoes that would fit around a toddler's chubby feet. I bought black boots instead. If I asked L if I could try the shoes on her and she said, "yes" then things went smoothly. If she said, "no" there was no way I was getting the shoes on her. I had to rephrase the sentence and it worked.
Below is a video of L dancing to the Wiggles. She loves to climb on the chair and play on the computer.


Dancing and the Wiggles from Thuy Hill on Vimeo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of School and Entering P-K

4/365

123/365