Wedding Updates

05.12.09 ~ L before going to daycare

Last weekend Auntie Van and Uncle Tuan came to visit. It was a weekend full of wedding planning. Aunt Van picked up her wedding dress which finally arrived...it took longer because it had to be custom made. Van and I could not be any different. While Van had to have the ball grown with a lot of lace, mine was a two piece with simple beading which was off the rack dress. I smile when I look back on my wedding day. It was exactly what I wanted and now Van is getting exactly what she wants but in a bigger way. I like simple, Van likes elaborate. I think small, Van thinks large. I made a decision on what I wanted and Van goes through daily changes and can I say it gets more and more elaborate.

We accomplished a lot the weekend Van and Tuan visited. We finished the invitations, started on the programs, made half of the 60 plus boutonnieres that they will need {can I say insane} and had my friend, B, over for lunch on Saturday. L was ever the delightful hostess keeping everyone entertained. L also took her first few steps on Sunday running from Uncle Tuan.

L is going through a lot of changes right now. L is experience separation anxiety. She cries when Daddy leaves the room. I'll call before I leave work {L is usually having dinner} and Dave has to get off the phone quickly because L is crying for him. At bedtime, L will not go to bed unless one of us is standing next to her crib until she falls asleep. I will stand there until she's is about to fall asleep, but Dave will not stand there. Instead, he leaves the room and when L starts to cry he brings her down stairs. From what Dave tells me, L falls asleep watching t.v. This a habit I would prefer L not to have. Dave's just a big softy.

I love reading L's daily report. These are some of my favorite sentences from L's reports.
  • She is happy and content
  • Mrs. S is reminding L to use gentle hands with her friends
  • L finger painted using red and green - she enjoyed it. She used her fingers to go back and forth and used her palm to splat the paint. After I cleaned her and took the smock off - she crawled to where her painting was and touched it.
  • I said, "who would like to read with me?" She crawled to me and sat down next to me.
  • L got a book, crawled over to me, sat on my lap and wanted me to read the book to her.

The latest story that makes Dave and I laugh is L running over the toddlers with the walker. L's teacher opened the door separating the toddler and infant room and L came barreling through not caring who was in her way. Apparently, one of L's old class mate took the brunt of it {poor V}.

Below are photos from this past weekend.

05.10.09 ~ Photos 1&2, Van playing with the camera and photo 3, pulling together the invites

Comments

  1. Enjoy your blog.So kind.Good luck!
    We hope that we will have the opportunity to make friends with you.
    We invite you to come to our blog. You are welcome any time.

    http://www.china-cutter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Lee, thank you for your comment. Your work is quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4/365

123/365