Hello 2009

1.02.09 ~ Baby Food

2008 was the most wonderful year so it was sad to see it go. However, I am excited for 2009. Every day with L has been a blessing and she continues to grow and change daily. I have so much to look forward to this year. L cut her first two teeth in 2008 but they'll fully emerge in 2009. She's starting to become more mobile so crawling and walking (we think she may just skip the crawling phase) will happen in 2009. This also means we need to finish baby proofing the house. Her godparents, Van and Tuan, are getting married in August 2009 (FINALLY) and we're all looking forward to their wedding in Punta Cana (especially Dave). Did I ever mention how much I love weddings?!?

I typically do not make New Years resolutions but I plan to get back into the gym this year, start attending Weight Watchers again, making my own baby food and ordering prints of my photos. I don’t have a lot of weight left to lose but I would like to lose another 10 pounds and to head to the gym to firm up. Dave signed us up for a family membership at our local gym New Years Eve and I headed to the gym on New Years Day for the first time since finding out I was pregnant with L (16 months ago).

This morning, I made my first batch of baby food. I’m amazed by how easy it was. It’s not that it was difficult, it’s finding the time. Since L has been taking two hour morning naps, it was the best time to make them. I started with butternut squash and moved onto green beans, peas and then apples.

While I have started to do some of the things I would like in 2009, I think the hardest part is making sure I continue to get to the gym and continue to make my own baby food.

Mom Hill was here this week to watch L while Dave and I worked. THANK YOU for coming down and taking such good care of L. You’re always saying it’s a treat for you to be able to take care of L for us. I’m grateful for you and know it’s a treat for L. She just loves her morning and afternoon walks and just being around her Ba Noi. I think it’s your calming nature.


1.02.09 ~ L playing with her castle and knight from Santa, Framingham

Happy New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/365

123/365