Patiently

12.06.08 ~ L, Framingham


This morning L was patiently waiting for me to get our things together for daycare and work which was a big departure from yesterday. L seems to be doing well sleeping through the night. This morning she woke up from an almost 12 hour sleep to a dark room. If she could talk, she would say, I do not like dark rooms. I could hear her fuss and once she realized where she was started her normal morning routine…babbling to herself, staring at her hands and looking up at her mobile. Once downstairs a cloth keep her busy while I got ready for work.

Yesterday was a different story. Dave came down stairs with L in tow just as I got out of the shower…apparently L had been crying. I nursed L where she proceed to tear my outfit apart (the collar of the shirt had a bow) and every time her Dad entered the room, she would pull away from nursing and look at him. I tried to get her to focus…that didn’t work. So, we moved on to the next thing, solids. She started to eat and 5 minutes into breakfast, L started to do raspberries with food in her mouth spraying me with it. She thought it was funny…oh there was a mischievous look in her eyes and on her smile. Dave could hear me talking her and asked if L was fussy. My response of late, “no, she’s just being naughty.” I know Dave finds this quite comical which makes me think about the statement he made prior to L's birth..."I'm going to be the disciplinarian in this family." He's not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/365

123/365