Twelve Point Four Weeks

Baby at 12.4 weeks

I had my first trimester screening yesterday at Maternal Fetal Medicine at Newton-Wellesley Hospital. The screening tested for the baby’s risks for down syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities. The screening included the Nuchal translucency screening through an ultrasound and a blood test.

Based on my age and the baby’s nuchal fold the doctor told me everything seemed normal. He gave me two options – go with only the first trimester screening which included the ultrasound and the blood test or go with the first and second trimester screening. I told the doctor I wanted option 2. He said, “You didn’t have to make the decision so quickly, but I think you made the correct choice”. He then finished going over the risks.

The baby’s heart beat was 157 beats per minute. From the ultrasound the nuchal fold was 1.7 out of 3 which I was told was very good.

I had to sit Dave down to show him the baby's features in the ultrasound photos. Dave asked me if I was going to get the pointer out and hold class...hahaha...he had a good laugh with that one.

Baby Hill ~ 12.4 weeks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of School and Entering P-K

Soccer Life

4/365